Photo Credit: IG – @sydneymbush
If you’re coming to vacation at Universal Orlando Resort you’re most likely going to find yourself passing through Universal CityWalk. Whether you’re staying at one of our resort hotels and riding a water taxi over or parking in our massive parking garages, you’ll find yourself walking through CityWalk on your way to Universal Studios Florida and Universal Islands of Adventure. CityWalk is the perfect place to grab lunch, dinner, or a quick snack, and there is a lot of fun entertainment to check out after you wrap up a day in the theme parks.
You may be a little daunted when you see how many dining and entertainment options you can do in CityWalk. Have no worries! We’re here to help you get started with 10 of our favorites.
1. Indulge in a Fantastical Milkshake from The Toothsome Chocolate Emporium & Savory Feast Kitchen
If you went to Universal and didn’t get a Toothsome milkshake, did you even go? These milkshakes are the must-get treat during your vacation for not only the deliciousness, but also the photo that will have everyone wishing they were in your shoes.
2. Try the Epic Fusion of Burgers and Sushi at The Cowfish Sushi Burger Bar
Is it sushi? Is it a burger? It’s both! Burgushi combines the best of both worlds into unique dishes you can only find at The Cowfish. While you’re there, I recommend trying one of their exotic cocktails or spiked milkshakes.
TIP: CityWalk’s restaurants are pretty busy during lunch and dinner times (especially during peak seasons). Click here to guarantee yourself a table by making a reservation ahead of time.
3. Play a Round, or Two, of Miniature Golf at Hollywood Drive-In Golf
Not many can say they’ve golfed through a space worm or a haunted house during their vacation… but you can! These two mini-golf courses are themed to the classic sci-fi and horror flicks of the 1950s.
4. Stop By Voodoo Doughnut for a Big Pink Box of… Doughnuts!
Voodoo Doll. Grape Ape. Portland Cream. No, these aren’t band names, they’re doughnuts from Voodoo Doughnut. Choose from traditional or whimsical flavors and make sure to ask if they have any specialty doughnuts. They also have vegan options like the ODB, which is so good, like borderline flawless, absolutely delicious.
TIP: Skip the line and order your box of doughnuts ahead of time by mobile ordering through the Universal Orlando Resort app.
5. Get the Ultimate Sports Fan Experience at NBC Sports Grill & Brew
You don’t have to miss the game just because you’re on vacation. Catch any league game here while enjoying good food (like a giant soft pretzel) and a cold one from a selection of over 100 beers. There are also foosball tables. Literally, a table where you can eat and also play foosball!
6. Sing Your Heart Out at Rising Star with a Live Karaoke Band
If you’ve ever dreamed of becoming a singer, Rising Star makes that dream reality. Take the stage with backup singers and a live band (on select nights) and belt out your favorite songs in this rockin’ karaoke experience.
7. End Your Day Roasting S’mores and Savoring Smoky Spirits at Bigfire
Open fire cooking? Check. S’mores tableside? Check. An extensive list of whiskey and bourbon? Check. Bigfire is where you go to have summer vacation vibes year round with smoky flavors reminiscent of camping and backyard barbeques.
8. Pick Out the Perfect Gift or Souvenir from the Universal Studios Store
You won’t want to miss stopping by this big — and I’m talking BIG — store jam-packed with all the Universal themed gifts and souvenirs you could ever want.
TIP: Don’t feel like carrying around bags all day in the theme parks? You can have your purchases delivered here for you to pick up as you’re heading out.
9. Enjoy a Stone-Baked Pizza from Red Oven Pizza Bakery
Dang, this is some good pizza. These made-to-order pies are baked in a stone-lined oven with a variety of both blanco and rosso pizzas. Grab one to go and sit by the CityWalk lagoon for a great view or enjoy outside seating at the restaurant while getting some great people watching in.
10. Spend the Evening Listening to Your Choice of Live Music
End your busy day at the theme parks by unwinding with live music from one CityWalk’s many venues. From reggae jams to full-blown rock concerts, here are a few of my favorite spots.
- Concerts at Hard Rock Live
- Dueling Pianos at Pat O’Brien’s
- Reggae bands at Bob Marley – A Tribute to Freedom
- Jimmy Buffet cover bands at Margaritaville
(Just remember that like all restaurants and concert venues, these performances are subject to change. Luckily, there is always something to do in CityWalk!)
Got any recommendations for first-time visitors? Share your favorite things to do at CityWalk in the comments below.
- 10 Things You Have to Do at Universal Studios Florida
- 10 Things You Have to Do at Universal Islands of Adventure
- 10 Things You Have to Do at Universal Volcano Bay
- 10 Things You Have to Do at Universal Orlando Resort Hotels
Must be 21 years and older with valid identification to purchase or drink alcoholic beverages.