Welp, it is summer in Florida, folks. The sun is shining, the heat is sweltering, and the sunscreen better be on. In seasons such as this, what an absolute delight it is to order a summer-y cocktail and enjoy the breeze off of the lagoon in Universal Studios Florida.
There’s no better spot to do this than Lombard’s Seafood Grille, which just recently rolled out a brand new cocktail menu. The Cadillac Old Fashioned is an upgraded twist on a classic and the Cold Brew Martini is a sophisticated and delicious boost for a day in the theme parks. But for me, it’s the Berry Nice that stands out as a staple for the summer. It’s a vodka sour at its core, but what I really love is the way it incorporates fresh, summer fruits!
If you haven’t had the chance yet to come taste this refreshing concoction, you are in luck. I’ve got the berry simple recipe for the berry tasty drink, the Berry Nice, right here. Berry generous, am I right?
OK, c’mon, I had to do that. Just to get it out of my system and now it berry much is.
1.5 oz of vodka
0.5 oz of raspberry liqueur
0.5 oz of lemon juice
6 oz of fresh lemonade
Handful of blackberries
- Place the blackberries in the bottom of a cocktail shaker and muddle them.
- Add the vodka, raspberry liqueur, lemon juice, and a small amount of ice. Shake well to break up the fruit.
- Open pour into a Collins glass full of ice, top with the lemonade, and stir to combine.
- Garnish with blackberries and raspberries as you so desire.
- Sit on your porch and dream of the next time you’ll get to visit Universal Orlando Resort and enjoy this drink with the theme park background noise of folks shouting with delight on Hollywood Rip Ride Rock-it.
Swing by Lombard’s Seafood Grille next time you’re in the theme parks to try some of the other phenomenal new cocktails! And if you try your hand at the Berry Nice, make sure to share your creation with us in the comments below or by tagging us on Twitter @UniversalORL and Instagram @UniversalOrlando.
Must be 21 years and older with valid identification to purchase or drink alcoholic beverages.