As the mom of four Universal Orlando Resort super fans, I have many memories of special moments with my kiddos in Seuss Landing at Islands of Adventure — and every one of those memories includes a ride on Caro-Seuss-el. Whether it was my now-teenager’s first ride on a real carousel when she was three, or my youngest riding during his first trip to a theme park, Caro-Seuss-El and its colorful and whimsical life-size Dr. Seuss characters will always hold a top spot on our must-do ride list when visiting the parks.
The Ride: A Merry-Go-Round from the Mind of Dr. Seuss
Caro-Seuss-El is the colorful and whimsical centerpiece of Seuss Landing, featuring life-size, rideable characters from Dr. Seuss’ most beloved stories, including elephant birds from “Horton Hatches the Egg,” cowfish from “McElligot’s Pool,” and more.
Not only can you climb aboard a creative cast of Dr. Seuss characters, Caro-Seuss-el was the first carousel of its kind to feature creatures that you control. Animate every creature by pulling on the reigns or pushing the lever on their necks. Your entire family, especially the little ones, will love this Seussian twist on the classic carnival ride.
- There is no minimum height requirement, but any child under 48” (122 CM) requires a supervising companion.
- This incredibly kid-friendly ride accepts Universal Express.
- Caro-Seuss-El is a two-minute ride for all ages, wheelchair accessible and offers Child Swap.
- If you are riding with infants or those under one who may not be able to hold themselves up on a carousel animal, there are secure bench chariots that allow for lap seating while still enjoying the carousel.
- This is a great first ride of the day with little ones. From my time as a mom wrangling a group of many different ages, I find that exhausting the younger kiddos early on to be a strategy for making the day at the parks run smoothly.
- Make sure to enjoy all the surrounding Seuss Landing features around Caro-Seuss-El:
- Weave your way through the Truffula Trees from “The Lorax” just outside the entrance.
- If you look up high while riding, you’ll see Horton the Elephant carefully guarding his special dandelion and its microscopic inhabitants.
Exploring Seuss Landing
Beyond Caro-Seuss-El, Seuss Landing has a wide array of rides, shops and restaurants. Our family’s favorite Seuss Landing destinations include:
- One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish features flying fish, equipped with easy-to-use controls that let the kids maneuver up, up, up and down, down, down while trying to avoid surrounding fountains that squirt water.
- The High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Train Ride! is the perfect ride for when the family just needs to sit back and relax while getting a view from up on high of Seuss Landing.
- The All The Books You Can Read shop carries the collected books of Dr. Seuss; we often stop and pick up a new book to add to our collection.
- Snookers and Snookers Sweet Candy Cookers is always our mid-day treat spot offering bins brimming with bulk candies, homemade fudge, caramel apples, cotton candy and other goodies.
For a complete guide to Seuss Landing including details about all of the attractions, restaurants and stores, head on over here.
And make sure to tag @universalorl in your next Insta pic showing the family enjoying Caro-Seuss-El. It truly is a do-not-miss photo moment and experience for the entire family.