Corn is the spookiest vegetable and street corn is the most delicious Halloween snack to ever exist. Yes, I said it. That goes to all you pumpkin and chocolate enthusiasts out there.
Let me explain, you can’t have a haunted corn maze trail or watch a scary movie without corn. And when you’re running in fear or need a healthy, nutritious Halloween snack, street corn will always be there for you.
When Halloween Horror Nights introduced grilled street corn last year, it was a match made in corn heaven. The perfect variety of toppings and pairings were to DIE for. I only had one question; Can I make this at home!?
Now we all can because below is the top-secret and very easy recipe you can make in your kitchen. Get ready to impress everyone with your street-corn-making skills.
Grilled Street Corn Recipe
Serves 4 as an appetizer or side dish
- 4 ears of corn, boiled
- 1/2 cup of roasted garlic vegenaise (or mayonnaise)
- 1/2 cup of Cotija cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup of cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon of Tajin chile seasoning
- Brush corn with canola oil, place on the grill and grill for roughly 6 minutes, or until you achieve good grill marks.
- Mix the topping sauce by stirring together the vegenaise, cotija cheese, and cilantro.
- Generously spread each corn cob with the cheese mixture, sprinkle with extra Tajin chili powder and cilantro.