Not to sound like every millennial in your Instagram feed, but I really do love the fall months. I’ve got a September birthday, a love of sweaters, and a pretty consistent hankering for pumpkin-chocolate-chip-cookies.
Fall is my time to shine and with the smaller crowds, cooler weather, and some real tasty fall treats, Universal Orlando Resort is my place to do so.
And I am happy to tell you all the reasons why. Or, honestly, you can just check here for all our current fall offerings.
While Halloween Horror Nights is off for 2020, the teams at Universal Orlando Resort have made sure to salvage at least SOME of this crazy year with some spooky offerings throughout the parks.
- First off, there is the phenomenal Halloween Horror Nights Tribute Store. The theming alone is an homage to years past and the extensive merchandise offerings include several must-haves for any horror junkie. You can get throwback designs from your favorite event years on T-shirts and posters, your favorite icons on collectible glasses and lanyards, and even limited edition items.
- TWO haunted houses will be open daily now through Nov. 1 in Universal Studios. This gives you horror-fanatics a chance to get your scream on, and you scaredy cats like me a chance to take a step toward fear in the daytime. Plus, keep an eye out near the houses for some foodie favorites.
- Trick-or-treating will be available in Islands of Adventure for guests 12 and under! Grab a free bag and go door-to-door at certain retail stores throughout the park. Just look for the pumpkin sticker that marks each participating location!
- Get into the Halloween spirit with a costume of your own! While totally optional, costumes are encouraged when you come visit Universal Studios or Islands of Adventure to fully embrace the season.
- Catch horror films playing at Universal Cinemark in CityWalk throughout the fall months.
- Scarecrow Stalk is your chance to come search for horror in all the right places. There will be thirteen unique scarecrows and skeletons throughout Universal Studios Florida and a prize at the end of the journey once you’ve found them all.
Fall Food and Beverage
Fall food and beverage items can be found in several locations and I highly recommend sampling them all. Sure it will be a lot of steps, but, c’mon, you could use them after treats like these…
- Try some HHN-inspired desserts like Werewolf Chocolate Cake Pops and Beating Heart Sour Gummies in the HHN Tribute Store.
- The classic, beloved, delectable Pizza Fries are ready for you at Louie’s in Universal Studios.
- Swing by Voodoo Doughnut for a Pumpkin Spice Specialty Doughnut and/or a Jack-themed Doughnut.
- Skeleton Bar in Cafe La Bamba is open on weekends and offers three unique, Halloween-inspired cocktails. Plus, as you’re walking toward the bar, there will be food offerings, so if you find yourself Screaming for S’mores Fries, you’re in the right place.
- TODAY Cafe is serving a fall-themed Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread and I will be ordering approximately 1,789 of them once they’re available in October.
- Cold Stone Creamery in CityWalk if offering a Fall Into Chocolate Signature Creation.
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
To be clear, I love The Wizarding World of Harry Potter all year long, but there’s just something about strolling through Hogsmeade when there’s a crisp in the air that feels right. Plus, I can rock my house scarf with a hot Butterbeer in hand. Truly the dream.
While the weather is a little cooler in the fall months in Florida, it’s always swimsuit weather at Volcano Bay because of the beautiful invention of temperature-controlled water! A visit to Volcano Bay in the fall is pretty much guaranteed to offer beautiful and breezy weather, be relatively low on crowds, and still involve all of the thrill and chill opportunities you’re looking for, just with shorter lines.
The Hotels Get In On The Fall Action, Too
Staying at a Universal Orlando Resort hotel is the best way to ensure you’re close to the action of the theme parks, have access to a ton of great theme park benefits, and just have an exceptional, themed, comfortable stay. All of this is always true, but even truer in the fall when the hotels get in on the cozy vibes for their guests. I’ve personally already got a handful of stays planned at Universal hotels in the coming months and am most looking forward to…
- HHN Icon Cocktails – I’m still internally deciding which I’ll order first, The Director (Ketel One Vodka, Kahlua, Amaretto, Heavy Cream) or The Chance (Bacardi Superior Rum, Aperol, Sour, orange bitters, orange, soda). Both of these cocktails are available at Velvet Bar and Beach Club at Hard Rock Hotel Orlando; Bula at Loews Royal Pacific Resort; Swizzle Lounge at Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort; and Sand Bar Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Surfside Inn and Suites. So wherever you choose to stay this fall, you can grab one of these cocktails and will likely catch me doing the same.
- Fire Pits – I am such a fan of fire pits that I have multiple candles in my apartment to make my home smell like a bonfire. Getting to enjoy ACTUAL fire pits at our hotels is an absolute bundle-y delight that I highly encourage you to add to your list of must-do’s during your fall stay. At Cabana Bay, you can even grab a s’mores kit at Bayliner Diner.
- Fall Beers – Fall beers are the best kind of beers, in my opinion. So much so that most years for my September birthday, friends gift me fall beers. They are GOOD and they are AVAILABLE at Jake’s American Bar in Loews Royal Pacific Resort. Sample them all with a beer flight and some pretzel rods with Porter cheese fondue.
There you have it, my favorite fall things and, honestly, my agenda for the next few months. Let us know in the comments below what your favorite fall indulgences at Universal Orlando Resort are and don’t forget to come see us soon to experience it all!